Material Testing Laboratory performs:
- a) metallographic examination of steel and cast iron :
- macrostructure assessment
- microstructure assessment use a metallographic microscope
b) tests of mechanical properties of steels and cast irons :
- static tensile tests at ambient temperature
- toughness examination Charpy method at ambient temperature and below zero
- hardness measurements by Brinell, Vickers and Rockwell methods
- determination of the thickness of hardened layers by the method of hardness distribution
The group of Analytical Laboratories performs:
- Study of materials for production and end product,
- Control of the production process,
- Product research,
- Analysis of the chemical composition of the iron cast,
- Analysis of the pickling solutions and flux,
- Analysis of the composition of the atmosphere in the iron furnaces.
Environmental Protection Laboratory performs:
- Physico – chemical analysis of water and wastewater.
Laboratory Supply of Materials and Strength performs:
- Study materials and tools provided for production,
- Research supplies of scrap steel,
– tensile strength R m,
– elongation A,
– hardness HB,
– strength impact,
- Testing the strength of electrical power equipment .
Determines the microstructure and strength of cast samples from the finished products .
Performs photographic documentation of all metallographic specimens .
It describes the structure of the species tested cast iron.
Measurements Laboratory performs:
- measuring and testing equipment control – measuring,
- measurements of the supply of equipment for the production,
- measurements of foundry and machining , new or recycled,
- measurement products in accordance with the terms agreed with the customer acceptance and control measurements in all dimensions,
- control measurements for the thickness of zinc coating.